Decrease and increase calculators
Sock knitting calculators
These calculators give you written instructions on how to knit the heel or the toe of your sock based on your stitch count and row gauge. They are universal meaning that they work for any yarn and sock size.
Some of these calculators are part of my No swatch, any stitch count, any yarn sock pattern.
- For toe-up socks, the calculators give you also heel placement.
- For cuff-down socks, the calculators tell you exactly when to start the toe decreases.
- German short row heel (also known as boomerang, yo yo or double stitch heel) (cuff-down and toe-up)
- Contrasting color short row heel (cuff-down and toe-up)
- Afterthought / peasant heel (also known as forethought heel) (cuff-down and toe-up)
- French heel (cuff-down)
- Dutch heel (cuff-down)
- Flap and gusset heel for toe-up socks
Mitten knitting calculators
These calculators are part of my No swatch, any stitch count, any yarn mittens pattern.
- Basic triangle gusset (top-down mittens)
- Arched gusset (top-down mittens)
- Peasant thumb without a gusset (top-down mittens)